Sunday Morning or Afternoon
Session 1: 10:30am-1:30pm (spaces available)
Session 2: 2:00pm-5:00pm (spaces available)
September 8th, 2019 – June 28th, 2020
Semester 1: Sept-Jan
Semester 2: Feb-Jun
Classical training in drawing and painting for children between the ages of 6 and 14.
Rigorous training combined with creative compositional projects ensure that your child will leave our program with a strong base in classical drawing and painting.
This program is not designed to send children home with completed complex artworks – it is designed to ensure that your child learns the skills necessary to be a successful aspiring artist.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will be introduced to constructive academic drawing
- Students will understand how to accurately show the volume of an object in their drawings.
- Students will be introduced to and learn how to use the following materials: graphite pencil, charcoal pencil, gouache paint and oil paint (The use of oils will be determined on a case by case basis depending on the student’s age. Students must be at least 13 years old to use oil paint).
- Students will understand the exercises they complete each day in an art historical context. They will be able to memorize most objects they draw.
2019-2020 Academic Year (Sep-Jun)
- Students will be expected to enroll for the year
- SPACE WILL BE LIMITED TO 15 STUDENTS PER CLASS. All other students interested will be added to the wait list.
- Holidays will be included in our schedule.
For more information or to register please contact us directly at “email@example.com” or call our office at +1(609)454-3721
Saturday Morning or Afternoon
Session 1: 10:30am 1:30pm
Session 2: 2:00pm – 5:30pm
Ages: 15+ (High School Students)
Our college portfolio preparation course is designed to give students a well rounded body of work that has its base in technical skill. We focus on teaching strong drawing and painting skills while encouraging students to place themselves creatively in their work to produce a unique portfolio.
These courses require students to participate in classes that our Academy already provides for adult students such as landscape, figure drawing, cast drawing and portraiture. Studying these subjects ensures that their breadth of knowledge in classical forms and art history is vast.
We also provide students with college seminars to familiarize them with their application options.
This program is for students who want to learn classical art, advance their skills during the application process and prepare themselves for the rigorous College experience.
We are here as professional instructors, guiding the student through successes and failures in their work.
It is up to the student to prioritize their portfolio among the various other things they are doing to prepare for college.
- Students will be expected to enroll for half of the year
- SPACE WILL BE LIMITED. All other students interested will be added to our wait list.
- Holidays will be included in our schedule.For more information or to be added to our email list for children’s classes, contact us directly at…