Internships provide students the valuable opportunity to gain professional experiences and build contacts within industries of interest before leaving Princeton Academy of Art.
They also help you identify your professional goals while making you a more competitive candidate for future opportunities paid and unpaid.
Princeton Academy of Art offers a variety of internship and volunteer opportunities for current students and local residents alike. Our opportunities aim to build community connection, desired skill bases and your Academic resume.
POSITION: ARTISTIC ADMINISTRATION INTERN 2021-2022 Academic Year
TYPE: UNPAID INTERNSHIP
The Artistic Administration Intern will work closely with staff on various tasks relating to the day-to-day operations of a fine art academy. Tasks and projects will include:
– Assist with database management and special data projects;
– Assist with event preparation and execution;
– Conduct research;
– Provide admissions support, assist with form requests and compiling prospective student information. Should be familiar or must be trained to use Mailchimp, Later, and other marketing software;
– Edit and prepare materials related to classical programming, including brochures, welcome packets and programs;
– General office duties;
This position will report directly to the Operations Manager but will interact with the Executive Director, other employees and volunteers on a number of cross-departmental projects.
Princeton Academy of Art is committed to ensuring this internship program is as beneficial to the intern as it is to the company. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to craft individual professional development goals with executive staff.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must include the following…
- A cover letter describing the applicants specific interest in the internship program, including department of interest; academic and life experience that prepares the applicant for this program; and how a fine art Academy internship relates to the applicants larger educational or career goals.
- A C.V. or Resume
- At least one letter of academic recommendation
- An official academic transcript.
Please submit ALL materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with INTERNSHIP REQUEST as the subject.
Available Intern Schedule(s):
– 1 Position available for Fall 2021: Late September through early December (approximately 10-15 hours/week FLEXIBLE HOURS)
– 1 Position Available for Spring 2022: Late January through late June (approximately 10-16 hours/week FLEXIBLE HOURS)
– 1 Position Available for the full Academic year (September 2021-June 2022 FLEXIBLE HOURS)
Priority will be given to candidates who can make a year-long commitment
POSITION: PORTFOLIO PREPARATION SUMMER INTERN 2022 (JULY & AUGUST)
TYPE: UNPAID INTERNSHIP
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who will help us to prepare for the upcoming academic year, manage general studio upkeep, and aid both the Executive Director and Operations Manager in other administrative tasks as they arise. We are looking for a self-sufficient, responsible, and enthusiastic summer intern who will join us in furthering the mission of this program, and encourage students to succeed in all areas of their art practice.
- Coordinate and execute the preparation of materials for the course;
- Provide effective supervision to groups of students during classroom activities and field trips when necessary;
- Provide effective supervision and activities to participants during day and evening if necessary;
- Assist with developing and planning community events for students, parents, and broader Princeton community;
- Outreach to parents and Princeton community to promote the program, activities, and upcoming events;
- Other responsibilities as needed and requested by the Academy Director and Operations Manager;
This opportunity is best suited to PAA’s College Portfolio Preparation Program alumni who are currently in college and wish to learn more about the art industry through the lens of an educational institution.
Must enjoy working with youth and be able to pass a background check.