At PAA, our curriculum honors the rich legacy of the classical period, drawing upon the esteemed Russian academic tradition, as well as the influential curricula of the Italian and French Academies. This melding of time-honored approaches instills in our students a strong grasp of technique and structure while simultaneously nurturing creativity as they advance through the program. PAA’s skilled instructors dispel ambiguity, providing students with tangible tools to ensure their artistic success.
A thorough technical education, enriched by a deep understanding of art history, mythology, and theory, lays the groundwork for students to become accomplished contemporary artists.
Our full-time study experience delves into the essential components of contemporary realism. Princeton Academy of Art is a conduit to classical knowledge and a wealth of resources for its students.
We offer programs that support artists at the outset of their journeys and professionals seeking to refine their craft. Our diverse community includes classical artists, tattoo artists, psychologists, biochemists, architects, and recent high school graduates, among others. Bound together by their studies at the Academy, they discover new perspectives on art and the world around them.
- No additional model fees
- Discount on visiting artist workshops
- Opportunity to participate in group shows both at the Academy and off-site galleries
- Networking opportunities with gallerists, collectors, museum curators, and world-renowned artists.
Additional Benefits for Full-Time Students Only:
- Access to Princeton University’s Marquand Library. PAA will arrange for a guest library card to be made. This $300+ value is included in your tuition price. *COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS MAY APPLY. We will keep full-time students updated on the level of access allowed during the pandemic.
- Night class access at no additional charge.
- Select access to pre-recorded materials. Materials available will be determined on a case-by-case basis by the Director and Operations Manager.