Classical training in drawing and painting for children between the ages of 7 and 14.
Rigorous training combined with creative compositional projects ensures that your child will leave our program with a strong base in classical drawing and painting.
This program is not designed to send children home with completed complex artworks – it is designed to ensure that your child learns the skills necessary to be a successful aspiring artist able to express themselves.
In addition to technical training in drawing and painting, your child will be introduced to many areas of art history they may be unfamiliar. We give them in-depth art history lectures, go on museum trips (*depending on COVID-19 regulations, infection numbers, and travel restrictions), and much more.
Our goal is to nurture your child’s creativity and mind by exploring all aspects of art.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will be introduced to constructive academic drawing
- Students will understand how to show an object’s volume in their drawings accurately.
- Students will be introduced to and learn how to use the following materials: graphite pencil, charcoal pencil, gouache paint, and oil paint (the use of oils will be determined on a case-by-case basis depending on the student’s age. Students must be at least 13 years old to use oil paint).
- Students will understand the daily exercises they complete in an art historical context. They will be able to memorize most objects they draw.
- Students will be expected to enroll for the full academic year. Month-to-month study is not available.
- Mid-year registrations are accepted for new enrollments only.
- SPACE WILL BE LIMITED TO 15 STUDENTS PER CLASS. All other students interested will be added to the waitlist.
- Holidays will be included in our schedule. PAA follows school closure and Holiday breaks. Review our academic calendar for more details.